so, 5 shows have gone by in a flash. i don't have much time for a real update so i'll just give some highlights:
1. catching billy's guitar pick, and michelle catching jimmy's when he played acoustic guitar on "zeitgeist."
2. having elina come from sweden to see the show with me, arriving at 6 in the fucking morning so we could be sure to be up front, and meeting him afterwards. if you remember, i asked billy during his solo tour to write a get well card for elina because she was in the hospital with the brain tumor, and he took the time to write it and was very sweet and sympathetic. i got to give it to her, and she's kept it with her. the cancer came back for the third time, but this time she got gamma knife radiation instead of surgery and regular radiation, and it hasn't come back yet, so apparently the get well card worked :) she thanked him for writing it, and he asked her if she was better, and when she said yes he smiled very sweetly and said "that's good!" i gave him a picture that i had drawn while in line, and tentatively said "i'd like you to have this, if you would please accept it." he said "of course, thank you" and then paused to look at it closely, and said, surprised, "wow, this is really nice! thank you" smiled, and nodded/bowed slightly, the way he often does. that's the only night i've seen him be receptive to fans and actually spend time, not just going "okay..." and looking creeped out/bored. i guess we're just very lucky to have such a special experience.
3. being interviewed for the official fillmore pumpkins dvd and making a fool of myself. watch for it, but try not to laugh too much. i'm not sure if i would be disappointed or relieved if i'm not on it. it's hard to sum up thoughts on the pumpkins when you have a mic on your shirt and a camera in your face.
4. meeting all the fans, making lots of new friends, being hit on shamelessly (okay, so maybe that last thing wasn't a highlight..)
5. seeing THE SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!!!!
i must go now, but i'll try to write something more later. all my love ♥